You're Going to Learn So Much!We're giving you everything we've got when it comes to writing...so you can be more prepared than ever!
Here is just a sample of the topics we'll be covering...
- Uncover the latest tips, tricks and tools for marketing your book–and yourself–effectively.
...and more reasons you should attend!
- And SO MUCH more!
Don't miss this unique opportunity!
Join editors, agents, veteran authors and first-time writers for a weekend that will ignite your career!
Our World Class SpeakersAuthors, agents and editors. You'll be learning from the best of the best--with decades upon decades of real-life experience among them.
Learn from the Best in the Biz!
At the Write Well Sell Well conference, my novel Doubly Dead won the book contest sponsored by Bold Vision Books. In January 2017, I became a published author!
2018 Conference ScheduleClick any session below to read more about it. Schedule subject to change.
NEW! Upgrade your conference by signing up for 6-hour Master Craft classes on Monday, 9 am – 4 pm! Extend your stay by one day and join us for a small class intensive that will take your writing–and career–to the next level. Choose from:
- THE KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL FICTION: 7 Steps to Finishing a Breakout Book
- BOOK MARKETING GOLD: Double Your Sales in 90 Days
- KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL NON-FICTION: 10 Steps to Creating Fascinating Memoir/Non-fiction
Bestselling author William Bernhardt will take students through all the critical elements of fiction, bringing fresh insight to concepts such as character, plot, and viewpoint, and showing writers how to use these fundamental approaches to bring their story to life. Bernhardt will also
address less familiar concepts–story structure, psychic distance, and pacing–that are critical to success in the highly competitive publishing world. Bernhardt focuses on practical tips to make novels professional, engaging, and publishable. This comprehensive class—attended by many writers now successfully published–will blend exercises, film clips, discussion, and advice.
You will learn how to:
• Hook readers on the first page
• Make your novel impossible to resist
• Make readers care about your characters
• Sustain interest over the course of a novel
• Make dialogue distinctive
• Understand what makes a high-concept novel
• Understand the importance of structure
• Understand the difference between showing and telling—and why it matters
• Edit for success
• Write with the hallmarks of modern publishable writing style
It’s tough to stand out in today’s 16-million book slush pile. The fact is, 95% of them (15 million) fail to earn more than $100 a year. But the truth is that with Story.Gold’s easy-to-follow marketing tactics you can be in the top 5% and blow those sales away. In this eye-opening
session you’ll discover both paid and free strategies to double your sales quickly. Story.Gold’s Founder and CEO, Sean Callahan, will deliver easy-to-understand and easy-to-employ tactics for marketing your book in today’s wacky publishing world. Callahan will dispel the detrimental
myths and misconceptions that prevent authors from reaching more readers and selling more books. By the end of this class—no matter where you are in your author journey—you learn what you need to do in the next 90 days to significantly boost your author career.
You will learn how to:
• Discover both free and paid marketing solutions within your budget
• Build a simple and effective author brand
• Craft a book that sells
• Choose the best places to sell your book
• Find more Raving Readers
• Use today’s tools to build a profitable marketing platform and email list
• Engage your fans without diving down the social media hole
• Use Facebook, Amazon, and BookBub to promote your books
• Take your sales to the next level with killer ads without breaking the bank
• Design a straightforward roadmap to achieve your long-term sales goals
Award-winning author Nikki Hanna will give students tools and strategies to write nonfiction everyone will want to read. The fundamentals of are embellished with fresh perspectives and approaches to show writers how to create a book that stands out from the masses. Strategies are revealed that introduce emotional and enticing qualities, with an in-depth presentation of techniques that enhance writing, nurture a writer’s uniqueness, and captivate readers.
“In memoir, you’ve got to make readers feel. You must make them laugh and make them cry. And, in all nonfiction, you must give them important and novel lessons learned.”
You will learn how to:
• Organize and format a memoir, a how-to book, or an informative book
• Discover a premise and a theme and how to use them as threads to tie chapters and stories together
• Create enticing titles for a book, for chapters, and for sub titles and how to use the Table of Contents to sell a book
• Paint a picture of settings, events, actions, conflicts, defining moments, and characters
• Do an effective life review so the essence of a person is captured
• Determine what to put in, what to leave out, and how to write about bad things
• Draw information out of a reluctant interviewee and how to engage a key character who resists being written about
• Understand what is “the truth,” what to do when someone else’s truth is different from the writer’s, and how to diplomatically counter objections
• Convey emotions effectively so readers respond to them
• Use revision and editing to deliver a polished, professional product
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds will be granted if notice of cancellation is given prior to July 15, 2018. After that date, refunds will not be granted, though paid registrations may be applied to future programs. Note: Hotel room cancellation requests must be directed to the hotel.
Seating is limited!
Don't miss this opportunity. Join us in Oklahoma City now!
JUST ANNOUNCED: WIN A BOOK CONTRACT!
Have a great manuscript? It’s time to show the world!
Enter our 2018 contest and you may be the winner of a book publishing contract with Babylon Books. Plus, winners in each category will be published in Conclave.
There’s no better time to jumpstart your writing career!
Location & Lodging
This year’s conference will be held in the beautiful Renaissance Hotel in downtown OKC.
Discover the charm of Oklahoma City when you stay at the Renaissance Hotel by Marriott! This Four Diamond hotel is located just steps from the Bricktown Entertainment District, with plenty of dining and sightseeing options. A hotel shuttle can take you anywhere in the Bricktown area.
Special conference rate of $129/night is available when calling 405-228-8000. Tell them you’re attending the Red Sneaker/Write Well Sell Well Writer’s Conference when booking. Reserved space is limited, so book your room today!