Entries for the 2018 Writing Contests may be submitted at any time after the entrant has registered. The deadline for entries is August 20, 2018. Winners will be announced September 1, 2018, at the Saturday lunch program.
Registration is only $9.99.
• Fiction (short stories or novel excerpts)
•Nonfiction (including memoir and journalism)
• Flash Fiction
•Writing for Young Readers (including YA)
- You must be registered for the conference to enter.
- Once you have paid the contest entry fee, you may enter as many categories as you wish, up to five entries in each category. You may not enter the same material in multiple categories.
- All submissions are limited to ten pages or fewer, except for novels, where you may submit the full manuscript regardless of length.
- Entries must be submitted in the following format: double-spaced, Times New Roman, twelve-point font, one-inch margins on all sides– except poetry, which may be single-spaced.
- The title, author name, and category should appear on a cover sheet, but not on the manuscript pages.
- No manuscript that has been previously published, in print or electronically, may be submitted.
- Material that has previously placed first in the Red Sneaker Writing Contests may not be resubmitted.
- Manuscripts will not be returned.
- Portions of first-place winning entries may be read at the Saturday lunch program.
Additionally, the winner of the Novel competition will be offered a publishing contract from Babylon Books.
Contest submissions should be emailed to: email@example.com